EU is committed to prosperous future for Somalia
Sunday July 14, 2019
The European Union Delegation issues the following statement in agreement with the EU Heads of Mission in Somalia as well as the EU Special Representative for the Horn of Africa and the EU Common Security and Defense Missions (EUNAVFOR, EUTM, EUCAP) to condemn the terrorist attack that took place on 12 July in the city of Kismayo.
The EU Delegation is committed to a stable, democratic and prosperous future for Somalia, for the benefit of its people, in a society where pluralism, justice and human dignity prevail. The EU Delegation stays firm against those that target citizens and institutions to undermine stability and progress in Somalia.
We express our condolences to the families of those who lost their lives in the attack and our solidarity for a prompt recovery of injuries.
- At least 50 people dead as floods and landslides hit Nepal – AFP
- UNICEF, partners launch education access program for Somaliland – Xinhua
- Kenya urges hastened UN listing of Al-Shabaab as terrorist group – Capital News
- Council leader condemns Somalia terror attack – WBWire
- UK ambassador says Trump left Iran nuclear deal to spite Obama – Sky News
- Turkey ignores US warnings over Russian S-400 missile deployment – AFP
- Report Calls on International Community to Meet Education Goals – VOA
- Arab parliament speaker condemns deadly terror attack in Somalia – Xinhua
- Loved ones of Somali-Canadian journalist Hodan Nalayeh mourn after terrorist attack – Ottawa Citizen
- Trump aides pick sanctions to punish Turkey for Russian missiles – Bloomberg
- Kenya calls for joint counter-terrorism efforts after Somali attack – Xinhua