EU NAVFOR Commander arrives in Somalia, meets with international bodies
Wednesday April 17, 2019
The meetings took place at the International Campus and at the UN Compound, near the Mogadishu International Airport.
EU NAVFOR Force Headquarters Commander, Rear Admiral Hernández arrived in Mogadishu today, where he met with colleagues of some of the international bodies working in Somalia. The meetings took place at the International Campus and at the UN Compound, near the Mogadishu International Airport.
During the Commander’s visit, he met with—amongst others—the representatives of the other two EU missions in the area, Mission Force Commander of EUTM, General Spreafico, and Head of the EU CAP Mission, Mrs Maria Cristina Stepanescu.
Rear Admiral Hernández also met Mr Raisedon Zenenga, from the Office in Charge of United Nations Assistance Mission in Somalia (UNSOM); the World Food Programme Deputy Country Director, Mr Emmanuel Bigenimana; and the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Head of Office, Mr Adrien Laurent Parrin.
Enhancing Cooperation and exploring synergies amongst all partners is key for creating a safer environment in Somalia.
- Adelaide woman who pledged allegiance to Islamic State sentenced – ABC.au
- Africa as Colonial as Ever: US “New Africa Strategy” Old Oil in New Bottles – Mint Press
- For Democrats, Ilhan Omar is a complicated figure to defend – NYTimes
- Saudi Arabia names its first female ambassador to US – Foxnews
- Bluebird Aviation director calls on DCI boss Kinoti to probe colleagues over money laundering – Tuko
- Daily Paper Joins Elman Peace for Charitable, Hand-Drawn T-shirt Capsule – Hypebeast
- These are the world’s most fragile states in 2019 – Qrius
- Canada: Jason Kenney and United Conservatives win Alberta election – The Guardian
- Somali elders join mission to free abducted Cuban doctors – Daily Nation
- UK works with Somali forces to respond to sexual violence in conflict – British Embassy Mog