Exclusive: UAE 'violating sanctions' in Somalia
Wednesday October 10, 2018
Al Jazeera has been given access to a yet-to-be-released report by a panel of UN experts.
It shows the United Arab Emirates (UAE) is violating sanctions imposed in Somalia and Eritrea.
The report highlights the continued illegal construction of an Emirati base in Somaliland’s coastal city of Berbera, as well as the seizure of weapons and military equipment coming through Yemen.
- Somaliland pushes for recognition as an independent state – Capital News
- Suspected al Shabaab attack kills two Kenyan teachers-police – Reuters
- Terror group al-Shabab publicly executes ‘British spy and four other spies’ – Mirror
- World’s largest sleep study shows too much sleep as bad as too little: Western University – global news
- Khashoggi case: CCTV disappears from Saudi consulate in Turkey – the guardian
- Australia mulls banning some immigrants from biggest cities – ap
- Myanmar must back ‘credible’ Rohingya inquiry, Japanese PM tells Suu Kyi – the guardian
- Canada welcomes new citizens in sky-high ceremony – reuters
- Ethiopia announces visa-on-arrival regime for Africans – Africanews
- Jamal Khashoggi: Turkish newspaper releases names of 15 Saudi suspects – Middle East Eye
- AU advisor warns on foreign bases in Djibouti – The Zimbabwean
- Strengthen security in Mandera ahead of exams, leaders urge – The Star
- Popular Scream Town apologizes for targeting Somali customers – Star Tribune