'It's been incredible,' says Sir Mo Farah on receiving knighthood from Queen – video
Tuesday November 14, 2017
The British four-time Olympic champion has received his knighthood from the Queen at Buckingham Palace. He described the moment as ‘incredible’ and something he never imagined would happen.
The distance runner was honoured at an investiture ceremony for his services to athletics.
The Somali-born runner, who has clinched 10 international titles, is moving back to London from the US to concentrate on road marathons, having retired from the track
- Iranian ships seized ‘smuggling North Korean machine guns to Somalia militants’ – Express
- US-targeted ISIS in Somalia could be a ‘significant threat’ – AP
- 10 recovered Oct 14 bombing victims to arrive in Mogadishu from Turkey – HOL
- Breakaway Somaliland tallies votes amid social media blackout – AFP
- Erdogan calls on Russia, US to pull troops out of Syria – Aljazeera
- War begets terror – Africas country
- Hundreds of Islamic State corpses in Libya await fate in containers – AFP
- Shabaab touts deadly raid on Somali military base – Long War Journal
- UN Group Recommends Dropping Inquiry into Eritrea’s Ties to Al-Shabab – VOA
- U.S. airstrikes kill 40 militants in Somalia – CBS
- Vote Counting Under Way in Somaliland Presidential Election – VOA