Kenya lockdown measures taking toll on Eid festivities
Saturday May 23, 2020
The coronavirus pandemic is limiting Eid holiday festivities around the world. Muslims in the Eastleigh neighbourhood of the capital Nairobi will be among the millions celebrating under lockdown.
But some businesses are suffering under the restrictions. Al Jazeera’s Mohammed Adow reports from Nairobi.
Al Jazeera’s Mohammed Adow reports from Nairobi.
- Africa’s Muslims celebrate Eid in the shadow of COVID-19 – Reuters
- Virus cases drop to zero in China but surge in Latin America – AP
- Hertz files for bankruptcy – CNN Business
- Djibouti is Treating All COVID Patients with Chloroquine, But Scientists Urge Caution – VOA
- The UN’s Call for Global Ceasefire Hasn’t Stopped the U.S. from Bombing Somalia – Vice News
- East Africa facing ‘triple threat’ from coronavirus, locusts and flooding, Red Cross warns – The Union Journal
- Virus hits hard in Minneapolis’ Cedar-Riverside neighborhood – Star Tribune
- Libya’s GNA recaptures more districts in capital Tripoli – Middle East Eye
- Egypt accepts Ethiopia-Sudan proposal to renegotiate dam dispute – Al Jazeera
- Ethiopia invites bidders for telecom licenses – AA