Ottawa police identify Northview Road homicide victim as Egal Daud
Monday February 12, 2018
Victim was found inside a vehicle in Nepean Sunday morning
photoj1Ottawa police have identified the man found dead inside a vehicle in Nepean Sunday as Egal Daud, 30, and say he was fatally shot.
Daud’s body was found inside a parked car on Northview Road, near the intersection of Baseline and Merivale roads, around 10 a.m.
The Ottawa police major crime unit, which is leading the investigation, said his body may have been there since Saturday.
Staff Sgt. Bruce Pirt added on Sunday police didn’t yet know if the shooting happened there, or if that’s just where the vehicle was left.
Anyone with information is asked to call the major crime unit at 613-236-1222 extension 5493 or give an anonymous tip via Crime Stoppers or the Ottawa police app.
- Security forces retake Somali villages from al-Shabaab – worldbulletin
- Local groups fear Muslims in Edmonton under-reporting hate incidents – CBC
- Envoy hears Somalis’ SA experience – africanindependent
- Simba Back in CAF Action, Clash With Djibouti Outfit – The Citizen
- Ismail Rage, disabled by childhood polio, employed by a Mogadishu bank – Radio Ergo
- IGAD launches National Consultations on Free Movement of Persons in Mogadiahu – HOL
- Djibouti’s booming nightlife scene — fueled by foreign militaries – OZY
- Amman hosts meeting to counter Daesh financing – Jordan Times
- Ethnic Violence in Ethiopia Stoked by Social Media from U.S. – IPS
- Ethiopia Opens Three-Day Talks With Somali Rebels – VOA
- Canada: Abdi to get emergency hearing – thechronicleherald