Somali FM meets State Minister for Foreign and Commonwealth Office of the United Kingdom
Thursday July 11, 2019
The Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Ahmed Isse Awad, met on Wednesday in London with the State Minister for Foreign and Commonwealth Office of the United Kingdom, Harriett Baldwin.
During the meeting, they discussed bilateral relations and means of developing strategic cooperation in various fields and enhancing efforts aimed at establishing security and stability in Somalia.
The discussion also dealt with the political, security and economic situation both regionally and internationally.
On Tuesday (9 July), he met with head of east Africa at the FCO, and special envoy for Red Sea – Horn of Africa at the FCO.
- Somali coffee farmers vexed by poor roads and transport in Puntland mountain areas – Radio Ergo
- Edmonton’s Africanival kicking off with West African poetry ‘spectacle’ – CBC
- One in Four People In Africa Pay Bribes To Access Services, Survey Says – transparency.org
- Young African talent to meet in Senegal for Basketball Without Borders – Xinhua
- Racist Fool:’ Congresswoman Omar Responds to Disparaging Fox News Host – VOA
- Uganda appoints Mubiru as caretaker coach of national football team – Xinhua
- How Isreal Became a Leader In Drone Technology – jpost.com
- Turkey warns United States against harmful steps over Russian S-400s – Reuters
- Taxi driver behind £500K banned stimulant plot, court hears – Belfast Telegraph