Somali Under-15 soccer team heads Asmara for CECAFA tournament
Tuesday August 13, 2019
Ocean stars under-15 football team have left the country on Tuesday for Eritrean capital, Asmara.
The team which underwent intense build-up under Ghanaian coach will take part in the Council for East and Central Africa (Cecafa) Under-15 Championship.
Officials from the soccer fraternity in the country including, the chairman of Somali Football Federation, Abdikani Saed Arab and some of the managers of Somali premier league teams have seen off the players at Aden Abdulle International Airport on Tuesday Morning.
Somalia, which is in Group ‘A’ alongside Kenya, hosts Eritrea and Burundi, will begin its campaign on Friday against Kenyan Junior stars.
Group ‘B’ has Uganda, Rwanda, Ethiopia, and South Sudan while Group ‘C’ has Tanzania, Sudan, and Djibouti.
The top three teams from Group ‘A’ and ‘B’ will join the top two from Group ‘C’ in the quarter-finals slated for August 27 and 28. The final will be played on September 1.
- Agent in Kenya swindles Hajj pilgrims $120,000 – Daily Nation
- Joint Military Operations Against Al-Shabaab Militants To Continue Says AU Special Representative – AMISOM
- Madobe gains from rivals’ ‘illegal’ moves in Jubbaland race – Daily Nation
- Nairobi mute about Wajir stop-over as direct flights ban lapses – HOL
- Ethiopia, China to build new $300M industrial park – Xinhua
- Putin risks losing Moscow – Aljazeera
- Korea to deploy troops to Somali waters amid speculation over Hormuz Strait mission – Koreatimes
- Feds to fund Legal Aid Ontario services for refugees, immigrants after province cuts – Citynews
- AU says reduced community resilience aggravates dire humanitarian situation in Somalia – Xinhua