Three killed, three injured in suicide bomb attack in Mogadishu
Wednesday March 25, 2020
MOGADISHU (HOL) – Three people were killed and three others injured in suicide bombing outside a restaurant in Mogadishu Wednesday afternoon.
Banaadir region spokesman Omar Salah Dhere told journalists a suicide bomber draped in explosives blew himself up outside Bulsho restaurant in Sayyidka area causing the casualties.
Dark plumes of smoke could be seen from the distance as the blast ripped through the area injuring passersby and killing others.
Dhere said among the casualties were four family members. The attack comes barely a week after CCTV cameras along Maka Al Mukarama street were vandalized two months after others were destroyed in the same area.
No group claimed responsibility for today’s attack but the militant group Al-Shabaab has conducted such attacks in the past.
- Oil price may fall to $10 a barrel as world runs out of storage space – The Guardian
- Britain’s Prince Charles tests positive for coronavirus – Reuters
- Sudan defence minister dies of heart attack in South Sudan – Al-Jazeera
- Somali military nabs senior al-Shabaab militant – Anadolu Agency
- Somalis Over-Represented Among Coronavirus Victims in Stockholm, as COVID-19 Reaches Blighted Areas – Sputnik News
- Boost for Somalia as UK, EU offsets $123m arrears to AfDB – HOL
- High-Profile Jailbreak Undermines Somalia’s Fight for Justice – HRW
- Djibouti Intensifies Awareness-raising Efforts Against FGM – Ips
- Halima Aden teams up with UNICEF on home-schooling videos – Arab News
- Authorities in Mozambique find 64 migrants dead in truck – AP
- Latest Italian coronavirus death toll dashes hopes worst is over – Aljazeera