Top military officer gunned down in Mogadishu
Saturday November 30, 2019
MOGADISHU (HOL) – A senior military officer has been shot dead in Mogadishu.
Initial reports indicate General Yusuf Ali Qasaay was gunned down at his home in Hodan district following a land dispute.
Sources said the army general was felled by a bullet from his fellow military man.
More to follow.
- 13 years old children ‘wed’ in Burao, Somaliland – HOL
- Somalia Audit Bill erodes independence of Auditor General – IDI – HOL
- Statement attributable to UNFPA Representative for Somalia, Mr. Anders Thomsen on the rape of an 11-year old girl in Somalia [EN/SO] – UNFPA
- Are you ‘brain-dead’? Turkey’s Erdogan raps Macron before NATO summit – Reuters
- Mo Farah performs retirement U-turn ahead of 2020 Tokyo Olympics – The Guardian
- East Africa’s camel milk business revolutionises food and health industries – Fairplanet
- After 5 die in Minneapolis high-rise blaze, calls for more fire prevention – Star Tribune