UNHCR praises ERC's aid to Somali refugees in Aden
Friday August 10, 2018
Jacqueline Parlevliet, Head of United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, UNHCR, Sub Office in Yemen, has extended deep thanks to the Emirates Red Crescent, ERC, for supporting its commissioners.
Parlevliet also hailed the ERC’s partnership with the UNHCR, to provide humanitarian assistance to the Somali refugees in Yemen in general and Aden, in particular.
The remarks of the UNHCR head were made after the ERC’s distribution of 5,000 food baskets to the Somali refugees in al-Basateen neighbourhood of Aden.
The beneficiaries thanked the UAE’s leadership, government and people for the humanitarian gesture.
The ERC in Yemen is working in partnership and coordination with various international organisations operating in Yemen including the UNHCR.
- Meet the newest US citizens: Melania Trump’s parents – AP
- PM suspends foreign deputy minister over corruption – HOL
- President Farmajo announces judiciary shuffle – HOL
- Nurse donates a kidney for co-worker – KARE11
- AMISON slams attack on Mogadishu mosque by al-Shabab – Xinhua
- AMISOM Force Commander commends troops in Johwar, calls for enhanced coordination with the SNA – Amisom
- 5 Somali Red Crescent aid workers kidnapped – Anadolu Agency
- China set to begin demolishing mosque despite Hui protests – AP
- Saudi spat shows need for Canadian oil pipelines – Edmonton Sun