Legendary Somali singer dies of COVID-19 in Mogadishu
Sunday February 21, 2021
MOGADISHU (HOL) – A well known Somali musician Faduma Ali Nakruma died on Sunday in Somali capital, as a result of complications of COVID-19.
Somali prime minister’s office has confirmed the death of the singer saying Nakruma passed away in de Martini Hospital.
“His Excellency Prime Mohamed H Roble sends his deepest condolences to the family, friends and colleagues of Somali artist Faduma Ali Nakruuma who passed away in de Martini hospital in Mogadishu on Sunday morning,” the statement reads in part.
Eulogising Nakruma, the office said she “played a big role the nation building, Somali culture and music.”
Nakruma who returned from Canada where she fled in 1991 when the country plunged into chaos was a member of Waberi Band.
de Martini hospital which runs by Somali government is the main medical facility for coronavirus patients.
- On the brink – Why war drums are beginning to pound in Somalia – Herald Scotland
- Somali government labelled an “interim government” by UAE – HOL
- Kenya hires eight lawyers in maritime case with Somalia – The Standard Digital
- Somali government guarantees its people peace and stability amid violence – Xinhua
- Somali military kills over 50 al-Shabaab terrorists – AA
- Saudi Arabia monitoring with ‘great concern’ developments in Somalia – Saudi Gazette
- What is next for Somalia’s political crisis? – AlJazeera